TERMS FOR HOSTING THE SWIMMING MARATHON
I. General information- Both residents and guest of Burgas, from Bulgaria and abroad, can participate in the swimming marathon. родени преди 2013 г. The competition will take place on 08.07.2023г. (Saturday)
II. Registration – Registration of participants is carried out in the following ways:
- On the marathon's website (burgasmarathon.com)
For additional information, you can contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone at the following numbers:
When registering, each participant must provide their three names, year of birth and state the distance at which they will participate. The participation fee for the marathon is paid by online purchase of a ticket on the marathon's website (https://burgasmarathon.com/registration/) or by bank transfer to:
Титуляр: КПС ПОБЕДА – Сдружение
The reason for payment states: marathon 2023 participation fee and the three names of the competitor. It is the competitor's duty to provide visual proof for payment of participation fee (via payment order or electronic statement from the mobile phone).
Preliminary applications for participation will be accepted until 23:59pm on 01.07.2023.
Enrollment of competitors is suspended when the project number is filled.
III. Medical examination - Each participant must have passed a pre-competition medical examination, no earlier than 5 days before the start (carried out at the earliest on 03.07.2023). The review is authenticated with a relevant document, which is provided before the start. Inspection will also be available on site on the day of the competition from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Declaration of participation – Each participant signs declaration of participation according to the model published onthe marathon's website. For swimmers under 18, the declaration must be signed by a parent or guardian. The declaration will be provided by the organizers and will be signed by each participant on site on the day of the marathon.
V. Race day information
- The meeting point will be at the Sea Station - Burgas and starts at 10:00 a.m. The start of the of 1000 meters distance will be given at 11:30, and of the 3000 meters distance at 12:45.
- Official opening of the swimming marathon – 11:00 a.m before the start of the competition (opposite the Jolly Roger restaurant)
- Participation is individual.
- The distance can be swam in freestyle, but without any aids.
- It is not allowed to take any food, drink, medication or other means during swimming.
- Every participant is obliged to comply with the safety measures.
- A briefing by the chief judge of the marathon will take place 10 minutes before the start of each distance, and the venue will be in the pre-start area.
- Competitors who require medical or other assistance, or who wish to stop swimming, must give a signal by repeatedly waving their arms to the left and right.
- Each participant will receive racing number, after checking the documents provided by him (declaration, medical and payment).
VI. Ranking and Awards – The 1st to 3rd place men and women in the 3000m distance will receive the following cash prizes:
Men: 1st place: BGN 1000, 2nd place: BGN 600, 3rd place: BGN 400.
Women: 1st place: BGN 1000, 2nd place: BGN 600, 3rd place: BGN 400.
The 1st to 3rd place men and women in the 1000 meters distance will receive the following cash prizes:
Men: 1st place: BGN 400, 2nd place: BGN 300, 3rd place: BGN 200
Women: 1st place: BGN 400, 2nd place: BGN 300, 3rd place: BGN 200
The participants who placed 4th, 5th and 6th in the distances of 1000 and 3000 meters will be awarded with prizes.
Subject prizes are also provided for:
- oldest participant in the Marathon;
- the Burgas-born swimmer who performed best among men and women for both distances;
- disabled swimmer.
Each participant will be eligible to participate in both distances (1000 and 3000 meters). If the competitor wins a prize place in both distances, he will receive a cash prize for both classifications.
VII. Distances – The swimming marathon has two established distances: 1000 and 3000 meters with separate start. Each participant is obliged to state in advance the distance he wishes to cover, when filling in the registration form uploaded on the website.
VIII. Control Time – 45 minutes after the first arrived at the finish of the distance from 1000 meters, all participants are obliged to leave the competition track.
60 minutes after the first arrived at the finish in the distance from 3000 meters, the marathon
officially closes and participants are required to leave the course by boarding the accompanying watercraft.
IX. Participation fee:
1000 meters – BGN 35
3000 meters – BGN 45
Participants over 70 years of age and people with disabilities are exempt from the participation fee. *Registration for them will be done on site (before the start of the race, opposite the Jolly Roger restaurant)
Each participant has the right to register for participation in BOTH distances, in which case the participation fee is BGN 65.
All those who successfully swim the previously stated distance in the control time receive: gifts from the sponsors of the swimming marathon, a medal for successful swimming and a T-shirt and a specially prepared certificate from the World Open Water Swimming Association (WOWSA).
Water, soft drinks and food will be provided to each participant.
In case of unfavorable weather conditions, the organizers reserve the right to postpone the event.